Saturday, November 2, 2013

My 3 October Favorites: Denim, Floral Print and Faux leather!

My fellow Fashionistas living in San Francisco should know: having "Fall trends" or "Winter trends" is much harder for us when we know how unpredictable the SF weather is. Back in Paris, having distinct seasons, besides making me burn or freeze, helped me organize my closet in advance in order to get ready for the upcoming season.
But when I moved to SF, my closet-organizing skills (yes, I just made that up) got a bit shaken. Just when I was starting to enjoy our warm "Indian summer", wearing shorts and tank tops, it seems like the city's weather decided to mess with me. In other words, it is now freezing in SF. I learned my lesson, and I found a few pieces that fall in both Spring-Summer and Fall-Winter seasons. Time to mix and match!

Denim: Cotton On's Boyfriend Jean

Boyfriend jeans are a hot trend this year. The thing I love about them besides the comfort they provide, is the fact that they also conceal my little imperfections. I you have love handles like me, Boyfriend jeans are a great way to slim the waist down a little. They are also more casual than skinny jeans, and you can wear them with flats, heels or boots: everything works! Tank tops or T-shirts are great for a sunny day and give the whole outfit a fun and playful vibe, and you can just throw on a draped cardigan or a waisted jacket when the temperatures fall.

Get yours here!



 


Faux leather: Forever21's Edgy Girl Faux Leather Skirt

I'm not much of a trend follower; I usually just go with my mood; but this particular trend had me running into the stores to get my own "leather" skirt. Flowy or tight, thick or light, you can never go wrong with one of these. I'm loving it with a nice cropped sweater or a simple white T-shirt, and ankle boots. It's great on a warm day, but perfect with tights if you want to stay warm when the wind starts to blow. It definitely gives an edge to any outfit.

Get yours here!


The floral prints: Forever21's Wild Rose Quilted Bomber Jacket





Simply my fave of all times! It is perfect for an all black outfit and gives it a romantic touch. When it's warm but windy, just throw it on over a pair of jeans and a simple shirt.

Get yours here!


No comments:

Post a Comment