Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My Everyday Makeup Routine


So I have been trying to improve my makeup skills, and - believe me - it took time for me to make progress. I'm not exactly into heavy makeup, and I think using very few products works best for me. I decided to snap and share with you my current "everyday" makeup routine (for the rare days I do put makeup on, that is). Hope you enjoy!

Bare face (excuse the makeup stains on my towel, I think I ran out of paper towels that day...) + Coconut and Shae butter; this thing is the bomb. Makes my skin super soft and keeps it from drying out at the end of the day.



Moving on to the concealer: I use the concealer from my Sephora Palette. It's kind of light for me, but it works wonders with my foundation from MAC. Forgive my awkward smile!



I don't own a contour kit because I thought I could use the eye shadows from my palette. That might seem crazy, but it actually works!
I used the dark brown eye shadow under my cheekbones, under my chin, and on my eye lid to give my eyes more definition. Note I don't use it on the sides of my nose. My nose is broader, and I don't feel the need to make it thiner, so I keep it that way. It's also relatively straight, so I don't need to enhance its sides. I do put concealer on the bridge, which I think is enough.


To top off my look, I added eye liner, for a settle winged eye, a coat of mascara, some dark red lip-liner and pink lipstick. And that's my finished look for the day!




Items used:
Homemade Coconut and Shae butter mix
Sephora Makeup Academy Palette Concealers
MAC Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation
Claire's Eye Liner
Burgundy Lip Line
MAC Lust Plumful AB2 Lipstick


No comments:

Post a Comment